Monday, December 19, 2011

Do any of your kids have mental disabilities, autism, down syndrome.. etc.?? How did you react when you knew?

Ok so I was sitting here thinking about this and i have a physical disability (cerebral palsy) which is not genetic and doesn't affect me mentally, just physically (I use a cane, and i recently got leg braces but idk if I am gonna actually WEAR them because they don't go good with UGGS, or anything except tennis shoes and i am a very fashion forward 20 year old girl). Anyways I was thinking about it and I am SO EFFING desperate for a baby and I feel like I am so desperate that it would be just my lucky (because I am such an unfortunate person in general) that I would finally get pregnant and have the baby of my dreams and then they would have like downs or something.. I think it would be so sad and depressing, I know how difficult it is to have a disability, and I function almost completely like a normal able bodied person but still its difficult dealing with stares, and rudeness. I could not imagine having a kid with downs.. it makes me so sad and scared I want a perfect baby. I mean I would still love my baby even if they have downs but I don't know if I would want to deal with the added stress of a downs kid, I know they can test for down syndrome but idk if they can test for all the other possible conditions. So I have no idea how I would react, I would possibly consider abortion if I found out early but.. idk I mean that's kind of harsh you know?

0 comments:

Post a Comment